Friday, February 5, 2010

Day 5: But I'm a Sprinter...

"But I'm a sprinter!" he screamed.
"A sprinter still needs to finish the race." she replied.

I'm a sprinter. Quick on my feet with a fairly high top speed, but rather short winded when it comes to endurance. It makes for wonderful little snapshots along the way, but it can get kind of ugly on a long run. My writing tends to be the same way, and so long as the story being told is a sprint, a 110, 220, or maybe even a 440, I'm good. But the longer the run, the uglier it gets. The more difficult it is to find those little gems and string them together into something worth calling a novella or novel. I'm no marathoner... yet! Training is the key. So, while this is a place for fun creative sprints, maybe there needs to be a place for that long marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment