Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 24: squirming in my seat...

"There's always something to do." These words have often been found in the mouth of my managers and bosses. It's almost true in context, but not always. I tend to frown on busy work as being productive so about the third time I've re-cleaned the counter it's way past overdone.

However, there is a certain truth in those words. I wish I was better at living them out. I've learned it's far easier to react to things and respond than it is to initiate and make things happen. And in our society, there aren't many initiators. This leaves us squirming in our seats and uncertain what to do next when things don't seem to be happening. Yes, even leaves us bored.

Now there are times where we have to wait, where we can do no more toward a specific goal, but that doesn't mean there aren't other things to pursue or do. So next time you or I find ourselves bored, squirming in our seats, because nothings been happening, maybe we should step out on the path of a dream and begin a new journey. Will you make something happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment