Sunday, February 21, 2010

Day 21: after a break...

This whole not having internet thing at home can be hellish on trying to write online. Of course, that in itself shows that I have not set planned time aside to write over the past three days. Must finish, and finish well, so I've been with some work including the beginnings of song lyrics. Alas, those I am not posting here, but it was some bit of writing over the past few days.

Been feeling the pressure of a fairly disjointed life, where all the pieces don't exactly line up. I'm not sure right now how to view this. I may be doing too much. Then again, it's also showing me that where many people use their job, a security in and of itself and the provision for everything else, as the central theme to tie all of it together. Indirectly, if nothing more. But shouldn't that position belong to God instead? Even the job should be an extension from Him as the central axis. I don't think I realized how much I've depended on my job for security until I've gone so long without one. And without one on the horizon, still I watch and wait. But I must wait for my provider... not a 40-50k a year position and a 401k with benefits, but Father God, the Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. For that is the true foundation. I pray I come to understand it completely as my true foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment