Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 14a: early? or late?

While I've been here, Saturday has sidled on into Sunday and I find myself face to face with Valentine's day, Feb. 14th. Not really sure how I feel about that. Maybe that's not that bad of a place to be. They're bringing out the fresh donuts, but as good as they are, I don't feel like paying full price for them tonight. So I'll let it pass, write a little, read a little and ferry myself off into dreamland. Ever noticed how much easier it is to deal with things when you're not thinking about them. I kind of wish I hadn't noticed that it was now Valentine's day. Usually, I'm not bothered by that at all, but tonight I sit on a precipice between cool with it and feeling a little lonely. A reminder that comes in the midst of my savior Jesus Christ who loves me best. I'm never alone, and strange as it may sound to some, I have a Valentine in my Jesus. May I never forget that dance! Of course, feelings of loneliness here and now aren't necessarily contrary to His plan. He may very well be stoking the fire to expose my need so that He can fill it. Now I wonder if I should be prattling on about this here... eh, likely nothing to worry about. But what do I write about now?

A styrofoam cup sat nondescript on the cluttered table. Quietly, almost invisible on the white table, it sat amidst a laptop, an inkpen, a power adaptor and a couple books. Its lidded shape promised warmth, heat and a dark, bitter brew, but the cup itself and its owner knew the truth and the source of its discontent. The cup was empty. There could be only one remedy resting within the power of its owner to grant. "Fill me!" came the cups silent cry. And a reply from silence, coffee's sudden warmth within its depths. The cup rejoiced, once again filled to its purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment