Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 1: Writing Challenge Month

So these mark the first ten words of this challenge.

That is technically the only requirement of each day. Well, that and taking time to sit somewhere with the sole purpose of writing and nothing else. Nothing to compete with the flow of words onto page, whether it be the flowing hand of pen on paper or the tap, tap, tap of digital henpecking. Why? Why would I submit myself to something like this? An easy answer. To walk with others down the road to a habit. A habit of writing. For can you call yourself a writer if you never write?

I believe that to be an obvious and resounding "NO!". That said, this is the beginning and may be all I manage to scratch out tonight. I'm tired, it's been a long day (though not having accomplished much), and I think I'm ready to drift off to sleep in my mostly comfortable bed. My, how 10:30 snuck up on me with far too much ease and I still must pack up this little nest at the coffee shop and head home. Because this would be a very poor, hard and cold place to sleep. I suppose that's why their chief product is a legal, addictive stimulant!

Alright, I'm satisfied that I've filled the requirement of my first day. God willing, tomorrow will bring the same success!

And the final warning as my car drives out of sight.... "Caution, this could be habit forming."

2 comments:

  1. Didn't you say you write at Poplar Perk'n? Because I'm now very close to that place. I should check it out.

    We made it through day one and no one got hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do indeed write there from time to time... hope you checked it out, it's one of my favorites!

    & yay!!

    ReplyDelete